Friday, July 11, 2008

Lakshmi Day 14/07/2008

July 14th is Cow Lakshmi Day this year, a day of immense grace for those committed to self-enquiry, or union with Bhagavan. Be sure to get as much Self-enquiry done as possible on the 14th.

Some beautiful words from Sri Nisargadatta.

My guru, before he died, told me: "Believe me, you are the Supreme Reality. Don't doubt my words, don't disbelieve me. I am telling you the truth, act on it". I could not forget his words and by not forgetting, I have realized. Once the guru told me: "You are the Supreme Reality", I ceased having visions and trances and became very quiet and simple. I found myself desiring and knowing less and less, until I could say in utter astonishment: "I know nothing, I want nothing."

I was undeceived, that is all. I used to create a world and populate it. Now I don't do it any more. Now I live in the void beyond being and non-being, beyond consciousness.